LYNN RESCIGNO offers one of the most comprehensive teacher training programs in Pittsburgh designed for both aspiring teachers and serious students of yoga. The mission of her 200 HR program is to provide participants the skills to teach classical Vinyasa yoga skillfully, safely, and compassionately.
For those interested in the Fall 2014 Program,
contact Lynn or fill out an application and submit your deposit online.
All the information is below.
Registration for Fall 2014 closes September, 15.
Pittsburgh Classical Yoga 200 HR Teacher Training
For those yoga students looking to take it up a notch–whether you want to get deeper into your personal practice or become a yoga teacher–Lynn Rescigno offers a 200 HR teacher training at Bend Yoga that will allow you explore.
Lynn’s 200 HR Classical Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training is based on her knowledge of Jivamukti, Ashtanga, Viniyoga, and Iyengar yoga. She teaches her students: how to conduct a class with proper pacing; pronunciation of Sanskrit; synchronization of breath and movement; and an economical way of verbally correcting poses based on what is observed. Students will also explore the basic aspects of yoga philosophy, anatomy, safe hands on adjustments, pranayama, and mantra.
A testimonial or two…
” Lynn presents the information in a fun, interactive manner. Each weekend had a themed lesson utilizing yoga practice with classroom lessons for a combination of knowledge and practical uses. She provided anecdotes and stories throughout the classes to aid in the learning process, and her knowledge and dedication to yoga surpasses her peers and makes her one of the best instructors in Pittsburgh.” ~ Lauren Shaffer , TT Class of 2013
“Lynn’s knowledge of anatomy, meditation, maximizing a Jivamukti and Ashtanga practice, and yoga philosophy is second-to-none in the Pittsburgh area. Every time, I leave Lynn’s classes I know more about my own body and personal yoga practice than I did when I walked in the door. Her attention to detail and care for students is evident during one of her classes as she knows everyone’s name as well as any particular injuries or physical issues. Beyond that, she sees the potential of every student , from beginner to expert, to better their practice. “
~ Caitlin Lasky, TT Class of 2013
- 100 hours of techniques training and practice
- 25 hours of teaching methodology
- 20 hours of anatomy and physiology
- 30 hours of yoga philosophy and lifestyle
- 20 hours of taking classes (20 FREE classes at Bend are included in your tuition!)
- assistant teaching at Bend
- volunteer teaching
- self practice and journaling
- take home final exam
- The Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long
- Jivamukti Yoga by Sharon Gannon and David Life
- Yoga Sutras by Swami Prabhavananda (Another translation: “Yoga Sutras of Patanjali” by Swami Satchidananda)
- 1 YR of a regular yoga practice
- basic knowledge and reasonable proficiency of surya namaskar A & B (sun salutations)
- Attendance in Lynn’s Taste in Teacher Training workshop is recommended; however not required.
fall 2014 teacher training costs, dates & details
- $2,000 Teacher Training*
- $200 non-refundable deposit and application fee.
- *Payment plans are available (in installments of $750)
All teacher trainees will receive 20 complimentary classes at Bend Yoga.
- September 20th-21st (first payment due)
- October 11th-12th
- October 25th-26th (second payment due)
- November 15-16th
- December 6th-7th (full balance due)
- December 13th-14th: Final Exam
How do I get started?
For those interested in becoming a part of the Fall 2014 Teacher Training class, please contact Lynn Rescigno.
Or fill out an online application: Pittsburgh Classical Yoga Teacher Training Application. To secure your spot, please remit your deposit and application fee online, and email firstname.lastname@example.org your completed application.
You can find out more about Lynn Rescigno here.